Michigan parents have the right to home school their children. For more information about home school and children with disabilities, see the resources below.
- Nonpublic and Home Schools Fact Sheet – English Family Matters Fact Sheet
- Nonpublic and Home Schools Fact Sheet – Arabic Family Matters Fact Sheet
- Nonpublic and Home Schools Fact Sheet – Spanish Family Matters Fact Sheet
A nonpublic student may be eligible to receive special education and related services. A
parent may refer the student suspected of having a disability for an evaluation through the local public school district in which that nonpublic school is located.
The district then provides notice that it will or will not conduct the evaluation and requests consent to evaluate. The district must conduct an evaluation, determine
eligibility for special education and develop a services plan in accordance with the
- Homeschooling in Michigan (MDE)
- Homeschool Information for 2020-2021 (MDE)
- 2020-2021 Nonpublic and Homeschool Information (MDE)
- Regional Education Media Centers (REMC)
- More from MDE