Michigan parents have the right to home school their children. For more information about home school and children with disabilities, see the resources below.
- Nonpublic and Home Schools Fact Sheet – English Family Matters Fact Sheet
- Nonpublic and Home Schools Fact Sheet – Arabic Family Matters Fact Sheet
- Nonpublic and Home Schools Fact Sheet – Spanish Family Matters Fact Sheet
A homeschooled student can receive an evaluation for special education eligibility. A parent may refer the student suspected of having a disability for an evaluation through the local public school district where they reside. More on Evaluation.
- Homeschooling in Michigan (MDE)
- Homeschool Information for 2020-2021 (MDE)
- 2020-2021 Nonpublic and Homeschool Information (MDE)
- Regional Education Media Centers (REMC)
- More from MDE