_____ Early On® Michigan, helping families coordinate services
- Early On® Michigan: Don’t worry. But don’t wait
- 1-800-EARLY ON (1-800-327-5966)
_____ Let’s Look Closer at Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP)
- Early On Michigan – What is an Individualized Family Service Plan
Individualized Family Service Plan Required Elements– You can ask your Coordinator for a copy of the form your district uses
- Family Strengths, Needs and Priorities (Family Assessment)
- Child’s Current Developmental Status (Child’s Evaluation)
- Eligibility Determination, Established Conditions List
- Early On IFSP Outcome (Goals and Objectives)
- Early Intervention Services and Michigan Mandatory Special Education
Infants and toddlers with an Established Condition are automatically eligible automatically eligible for Early On services
Infants/toddlers with a suspected delay or disability that’s not listed as an Established Condition should receive a comprehensive evaluation, just like any other child. If they are found eligible under any of the thirteen eligibility categories, they are eligible for special education services. The labels ECDD, OHI, ASD, and SLI have additional guidance for understanding how young children meet those eligibility categories.
For an infant/toddler who’s delay is less than what is specified in the eligibility categories and isn’t eligible for special education services, they could still be eligible for Early On services.
_____ Let’s Look Closer at Natural Environments
______ Let’s Look Closer at Your Family’s Rights
Early On Michigan: Procedural Safeguards
- Service Coordinator: Helps plan supports and activities for your child.
- Family’s Right To Disagree
- Know Your Rights
_____ Let’s Look Closer at Leaving Early On (Transition) – preschoolers receiving Special Education services will need a new evaluation to determine if they are still eligible for special education. Parents of preschoolers who are found eligible for Special Education services will work to develop an Individualized Education Program
- Preparing for Transition from Early Intervention to and Individualized Education Program
- Components of IFSP and IEP
- Transition to Preschool