Transition is a set of goals, objectives, and services that lay out a plan of action that address the skills necessary for the student’s success after their school career ends. Transition planning sets the goals and activities that will help a teenager achieve their post-high school plans.
- Adult Service Agencies Overview looks at agencies and organizations that transition-age students might access.
- Alternatives to Guardianship information to help make informed decision about guardianship and the alternatives, including supported decision making.
- Career/ Employment resources and support for individuals with disabilities.
- Postsecondary Education and Training looks at options for learning more after high school.
- Rights and Responsibilities to keep in mind when a student is turning 18.
- Self-Advocacy is speaking up for yourself and making your own decisions.
- Self-Determination means making things happen in a person’s own life. People who are self-determined know what they want and how to get it.
- Transition Law covered in the IDEA regulations.
- Transition IEP A transition plan is the section of the IEP that outlines transition goals and services for the student.