Moving from middle school to high school probably will mean a new building, a new schedule, new teachers and new classmates. Children will be turning to teenagers: maturing physically, facing new responsibilities at home and harder course work at school. Transitioning to high school can be made easier with preparation. Transition planning can also be part of an IEP, often in chart form, outlining an annual goal and specific responsibilities of team members and timelines.
- Successful Transitions: Making the Move to High School
- Supporting Successful Transition to 9th Grade
- Moving On To High School: a Tip Sheet for Parents of Children on Individualized Education Plans
- Helping Your Teen Get the Most Out of High School
- Middle and High School Transition Planning (PACER)
You might also be interested on our webpages on these topics: