Virtual schools are web-based learning initiatives designed to meet the various needs of students. For some students, online learning is a perfect match, for other students the experience can be unsuccessful.
Michigan Virtual School provides online courses for students. These courses vary from traditional semester long courses to fast-track sessions that can be used to catch-up on missed credits so students can graduate on time.
- Supporting Students with Disabilities in K-12 Online and Blended Learning
- Parent Guide to Online Learning
- Accommodations & Accessibility Guidelines
- Online Learner Readiness Checklist
- Strategies for Online Success– an orientation to learning online geared towards preparing students for the transition from taking courses in-person to taking them online.
Alt+Shift provides technical assistance and resources for Michigan families and educators related to accessible digital materials, Assistive Technology (AT), Augmentative and Alternative communication (AAC), mathematics for learners with disabilities, and learner engagement.
- Online Learning Resources
More information is available on: