Michigan Alliance for Families proudly presents our webinar series! A webinar is an online presentation you can attend without having to leave your home or office. It’s an opportunity to hear an expert speak for about an hour on a topic that interests you.
Upcoming Live Webinar Series
All webinars take place on Wednesdays. One registration signs you up for all of the sessions. Attend the entire series or just the ones that interest you the most. Webinar Registration
- January 4 Skills for Effective Parent Advocacy 12pm-1pm
- January 11 Importance of the PLAAFP Statement 12pm-1pm
- January 18 Goals and Objectives 12pm-1pm
- January 25 Supports and Services, including Accommodations and Modifications 12pm-1pm
On Demand Webinars
We have an archive of recorded webinars available for when you need access to learn, understand, and manage topics related to special education. Our webinars (like all of our learning opportunities) are free for parents, caregivers, and educators. These webinars can be viewed anytime on the Michigan Alliance for Families YouTube Channel. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the handouts for a recorded webinar.
Eligibility and Evaluation Webinars
- Special Education Eligibility and Evaluation
- After the Evaluation – Eligible, Now What?
- After the Evaluation- Not Eligible, Now What?
Individualized Education Program Webinars
- IEP 101- English Spanish Arabic
- Present Level of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance Statement
- Goals & Objectives
- Supports and Services, including Accommodations and Modifications
- Inclusion: Free Appropriate Public Education in the Least Restrictive Environment
- Assistive Technology Considerations
- Extended School Year
- Progress Monitoring
Your Rights Webinars
- Notice and Prior Written Notice
- Procedural Safeguards – Your Rights
- State Complaints
- Due Process Hearing
Early On Webinars
- Behavior is Communication
- Introduction to Positive Behavior Supports
- Suspension/Expulsion and Discipline
Transition to Adulthood Webinars
- Transition Overview
- Self Determination
- Person Centered Planning
- Agency Support/Services Overview
- Rethinking Guardianship Part 1 Part 2
- Transition IEP
- Transition and the Law
Webinars on Additional Topics
All webinars are available for viewing on our Youtube channel (www.youtube.com/MichiganAlliance). Many webinar how-to questions are answered on our FAQ page. If you need more assistance, please contact us.