Michigan Alliance for Families proudly presents our webinar series! A webinar is an online presentation you can attend without having to leave your home or office. It’s an opportunity to hear an expert speak for about an hour on a topic that interests you. There are not any live webinars currently scheduled.
On Demand Webinars
We have an archive of recorded webinars available for when you need access to learn, understand, and manage topics related to special education. Our webinars (like all of our learning opportunities) are free for parents, caregivers, and educators.
- These free webinars can be viewed anytime on the Michigan Alliance for Families YouTube Channel.
- For handouts for a recorded webinar, email us email@example.com.
Eligibility and Evaluation Webinars
- Special Education Eligibility and Evaluation
- After the Evaluation – Eligible, Now What?
- After the Evaluation- Not Eligible, Now What?
Individualized Education Program Webinars
- IEP 101- English Spanish Arabic
- Present Level of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance Statement
- Goals & Objectives, including Progress Monitoring
- Supports and Services, including Accommodations and Modifications
- Inclusion: Free Appropriate Public Education in the Least Restrictive Environment
- Assistive Technology Considerations
- Extended School Year
Your Rights Webinars
- Notice and Prior Written Notice
- Procedural Safeguards – Your Rights
- State Complaints
- Due Process Hearing
Early On Webinars
- Skills for Effective Parent Advocacy
- Special Education Mediation
- Working Together When We Don’t Agree
- Behavior is Communication
- Introduction to Positive Behavior Supports
- Suspension/Expulsion and Discipline
Transition to Adulthood Webinars
- Transition Overview
- Self Determination
- Person Centered Planning
- Agency Support/Services Overview
- Rethinking Guardianship Part 1 Part 2
- Transition IEP
- Transition and the Law
Webinars on Additional Topics
- Deaf Blindness
- Mental Health and Education
- Peer to Peer Support
- Section 504
- Surrogate Parenting
- Virtual Schools
- Visual Support Strategies
All webinars are available for viewing on our Youtube channel (www.youtube.com/MichiganAlliance). Many webinar how-to questions are answered on our FAQ page. If you need more assistance, please contact us.