The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) requires State Departments of Education to develop a Special Education State Performance Plan (SPP).
The SPP includes 17 indicators for Part B (special education) and 11 indicators for Part C (Early On®). The U.S. Department of Education Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) provides oversight.
The data provides districts and communities an opportunity to see what is working well in special education for children and students and to identify what aspects are in need of improvement.
- State Performance Plan Indicator Descriptions
- Michigan Department of Education- State Performance Plan Resources
- Annual IDEA Public Reports
The State Performance Plan is one of many school accountability measures, including:
- MI School Data the Web presence to access and review Michigan education data.
- Parent Dashboard for School Transparency MDE
- District and School Accountability resources relating to district and school accountability of Michigan Department of Education’s District and School Accountability initiatives.
- Center for Educational Performance and Information collects and reports data about Michigan’s K-12 public schools.
- Catamaran The system used by the state to promote positive outcomes and ensure compliance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and the Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education.
- Early On Data data collection profiles for services areas