Announcing a new training program: Leaders in Policy Advocacy (LIPA). If the name sounds familiar it’s because this program was previously offered through The Arc Michigan several years ago.
LIPA is a leadership development program for adults with developmental disabilities and parents of minor children with developmental disabilities. The goal of LIPA is to train and support participants to become leaders in disability advocacy. LIPA will be offered through a hybrid training format of both in-person and online training.
Training topics include:
- Disability History
- Inclusive Education
- Assistive Technology & Social Media
- Self-Determination and Alternatives to Guardianship
- Person Centered Planning
- Access to Housing and Employment Benefits and Systems of Support
- Systems Change
2023 Training Dates:
- Weekend 1: April 21-22 (Radisson Plaza at Kalamazoo Center)
- Weekend 2: May 19-20 (Online)
- Weekend 3: June 23-24 (Online)
- Weekend 4: July 14-15 (Online)
- Weekend 5: August 18-19 (Radisson Hotel Lansing)
- Weekend 6: September 15-16 (Radisson Plaza at Kalamazoo Center)
Space is limited to 20 participants. Registration for this session is closed.
If you have any questions, contact Karah Ley at email@example.com or 517-574-1517