for Michigan Families
- Tax Guide from The Arc of Oakland County
- MI Bridges Information about programs available in Michigan that may help families that need assistance for medical, nutritional, food, day care, temporary cash or other expenses.
- Federal Government Benefits Complete an anonymous questionnaire to obtain the most accurate list of benefit programs for which you may be eligible.
- The Children with Special Needs Fund The Children with Special Needs Fund provides support for children in Michigan with special health care needs not available through any other funding source.
- Family Support Subsidy The Family Support Subsidy (FSS) Program provides financial assistance to families that include a child with severe developmental disabilities.
- Consumer and Family Guide This manual will acquaint you with service and support systems that improve quality of life for people with developmental disabilities.
- Michigan 2-1-1 Call Centers Michigan 2-1-1 connects people with information and resources to build healthy, safe communities.
The ABLE Act in Michigan.
The Michigan Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE Act) allows for savings accounts to be used for spending on education, housing, transportation, employment training and support, assistive technology and personal support services, health, prevention and wellness, financial management, legal fees and other expenses.
Money in an ABLE Act account is exempt from being counted against an individual when determining financial eligibility for assistance programs (such as Social Security Disability Income, Medicaid, or Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program).