The Michigan Alliance for Families website can be translated into another language with the click of a button. On each page, there is a TRANSLATE button. Michigan Alliance for Families Brochure in Arabic
School systems must take the necessary steps to give parents the opportunity to understand the proceedings at an IEP team meeting. This includes arranging for an interpreter for parents with deafness or whose native language is other than English.
- Is an Interpreter Needed? This document explains the “native language” requirement for parent participation in the IEP process.
Family Matters is an outreach effort from the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Special Education (MDE OSE). Family Matters provides parents with information about special education and other resources.
- Fact Sheet Topics Family Matters Fact Sheets explain special education laws and practices. Available in English, Spanish, Arabic
- About Family Matters Fact Sheets
- Procedural Safeguards Notice in Arabic
- For Early On® families: Early On Procedural Safeguards Protecting Families’ Rights in Arabic
- A Michigan Family Guidebook in Arabic is available from Early On
- Requesting an evaluation- Arabic
- Right to have materials in your language
- Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services
What about assessments? Find Questions & Answers Regarding Inclusion of English Learners with Disabilities in English Language Proficiency Assessments from US Department of Education