Visit our COVID-19 homepage for additional topics.
The upcoming school-year will again look different for all children, but there are extra concerns for children and youth receiving special education services. To help families return to school, Michigan Alliance for Families has gathered resources to assist with making decisions for your child, planning for success, and problem solving.
For additional support, connect with the Parent Mentor in your part of the state.
- Transitioning Back to School During a Pandemic Written for Parents of Children and Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Return to School Webinar Series 2022
In August, Michigan Alliance for Families Parent Mentors presented a series of webinars for parents of children with IEPs to get ready to head back to school.
Preparing to Go Back to School with an IEP with Tiffany Burge and Leah Groves
- Preparing to Go Back to School with an IEP – Handout
- Preparing to Go Back to School with an IEP- Video
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI) and Ableism with Andrea Beachnau and Nicole Miller
Exploring Executive Function: How We Get Things Done with Andrea Sargent, Stephanie Nicholls, and Margarita Rodriguez-Curry
How to Start Your School Year on the Right Foot (for youth and young adults) with Joyce Dearhamer and Amanda Thielen.
- How to Start Your School Year on the Right Foot – Handout
- How to Start Your School Year on the Right Foot – Video